Do you support the Anti-Counterfeit Agency ?
We have 35 guests and no members online
Services Offered by the Agency
In implementing its mandate, the Agency will provide the following to its external and internal customers:
- Consumer awareness and sensitisation programs
- Indirect consumer protection as a result of reduction in counterfeit goods
- Enforcement of Intellectual Property Rights in Kenya
- Training programs on combating counterfeiting
- Partnerships with national, regional and international enforcement agencies
- Promote fair trade practices
- Promote innovation
Create suitable and appropriate structures and systems for the attainment of the objectives which will include, inter-alia:
- Capacity building for Directors and staff
- Conducive working environment
- Monitoring and evaluation
- Sound financial management systems
- Staff motivation
- An effective ICT infrastructure
- A liaison office
- Corporate Social Responsibility
Key success Factors
- Significant reduction in counterfeiting; marked by reduction in volume of counterfeit goods traded, number of counterfeit-related court cases and complaints.
- Stakeholders’ goodwill to the Agency’s plans and activities.
- Adequate & consistent funding by the Government.
- Staff motivation, facilitation, teamwork, commitment, discipline and skill sharing.
- Successful collaboration & linkages with stakeholders & development partners.
- Ability to respond quickly to shifting market dynamics by periodically updating and adopting Agency operation strategies.
- Well coordinated Agency activities with cooperation from other Government agencies.
- Rigorous public education to develop a mindset that recognises counterfeit products are dangerous and unacceptable.
- Skilled manpower on matters relating to counterfeiting.
- Relevant data on counterfeiting; this will feed development of strategies to counter present and emerging counterfeiting trends.