Do you support the Anti-Counterfeit Agency ?
We have 39 guests and no members online
The Anti-Counterfeit Agency partnership approach in the war against counterfeits is multi-pronged. It is guided by the realization that there is need for collaboration both within relevant government agencies, private sector and development partners.
Inter-Agency cooperation leads to a coordinated approach that avoids duplicity of efforts by different Agencies and thus leads to optimal utilization of resources.
Since counterfeits affect all including the government, the participation of the private sector and development partners gives it an inclusive approach since all sector are a victims of this vise.
We work with all relevant ministries’ particularly
- Ministry of Industry, Investment and Trade
- Ministry of Finance
They have representation in ACA Board as provided in the Act.
Those provided for in our Act and sits in ACA Board include;
- Attorney General, State Law Office
- Kenya Revenue Authority (KRA),
- Kenya Bureau Standards (KEBS),
- Permanent secretaries
- Parliamentary committees
Law Enforcement Agencies
Both local, regional and international
- Provincial Administration
- The Kenya Police Service
Advocacy/ lobby groups,
Those that are represented in our board are;
• Kenya Association of Manufacturers-(KAM)
• Consumer protection advocacy groups.
- Kenya Association of Pharmaceutical Industries(KAPI)
- Petroleum Institute of East Africa
- Kenya Private Sector Alliance(KEPSA)
- Agro- Chemicals Association Of Kenya (AAK)
- Public Health advocacy groups.
- COFEK round tables
Joint Campaign against Counterfeiting-JCAC Members
In the spirit of Public-Private partnership the Agency has spearheaded the formation of the Joint Campaign against Counterfeit (JCAC). This is an all inclusive collaborative front formed in conjunction with different government agencies and industry players in the private sector to increase the level of awareness in the fight against counterfeits in the country.
This membership is open to all players in government, private sector and development partners.